Gap Heroes is a proud member of the Southwestern Family of Companies, founded in 1855. We design and operate gap year, gap semester and summer programs across the globe.
Our mission is to help young people develop the skills and character they need to achieve their goals in life and make positive contributions to the world.
- We seek to provide the best service and support possible to the young people who participate in our programs, while adhering to the regulations that govern these programs.
- We are committed to promote the value of diversity and cultural exchange.
- We strive to increase awareness of the importance of sustainability.
- We INVEST in building people. We INSPIRE people to achieve their goals in life. We positively IMPACT the world.
We believe in:
- An uncompromising commitment to operating with integrity and doing what we say we’re going to do
- Being customer-focused, service-minded and doing the right thing for our participants and team members.
- The power of serving others; what we do is important
- Giving with little regard for what we might get back
- Seeing people not just for who they are but also for who they can become
- Taking action and operating with a sense of urgency
- Focusing on what is right and not who is right
- Choosing a great attitude and always finding a way instead of an excuse
- Being accountable for our results.
- Being coachable and continually pursuing personal and professional growth
- Developing a lasting relationship with our team and treating team members like family members